James Bray Costen - bibliography
American otorhinolaryngologist, born 1895, Tennessee; died 1962.
- A syndrome of ear and sinus symptoms dependent upon disturbed function of the temporomandibular joint.
Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, St. Louis, 1934, 43: 1-15.
- Group of symptoms frequently involved in general diagnosis, typical of sinus and ear disease and of mandibular joint pathology.
Journal of the Missouri State Medical Association, 1935, 32: 184-190.
- Neuralgias and ear symptoms involved in general diagnosis due to mandibular joint pathology. The Journal of the Kansas Medical Society, Topeka, 1935, 36: 315-321.
- Glossodynia; reflex irritation from mandibular joint as principal etiologic factor; study of 10 cases. Archives of Otolaryngology, Chicago, 1935, 22: 554-564.
- Neuralgias and ear symptoms associated with disturbed function of temporomandibular joint.
The Journal of the American Medical Association, Chicago, 1936, 107: 252-255.
- Some features of mandibular articulation as it pertains to otolaryngology.
The International Journal of Orthodontia and Oral Surgery, St. Louis, 1936, 22: 1011-1017.
- Neuralgias and ear symptoms associated with mandibular joint.
Transactions of the Section on Laryngology, Otology and Rhinology of the American Medical Association, Chicago, 1936: 11: 72-83.
- Summary of neuralgias and ear symptoms associated with mandibular joint.
The Mississippi doctor, 1937, 15: 33-41.
- Some features of mandibular articulation as it pertains to medical diagnosis, especially in otolaryngology.
The Journal of the American Dental Association and the Dental Cosmos, Chicago, 1937, 24: 1507-1511.
- X-ray study in relation to mandibular joint syndrome. With E. C. Ernst.
Radiology, 1938, 30: 68-75.
- Correlation of x-ray findings in mandibular joint with clinical signs, especially trismus. The Journal of the American Dental Association, 1939, 26, 405-407.
- Mechanism of trismus and its occurrence in mandibular joint dysfunction.
The Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, St. Louis, 1939, 48: 499-514.
- Classification and treatment of temporomandibular joint problems.
The Journal of the Michigan State Medical Society, St. Paul, 1956, 55: 673-677.