French physician, born August 2, 1872, Saint-Cloud, département Seine-et-Oise.
Biography of Paul Ravaut
Paul Ravaut studied at Paris and received his doctorate in 1901. Here he became Médecin at the Hôpital Saint-Louis. His research concerns cytodiagnostics (with F. Widal), the cerebrospinal fluid in syphilitics, levurine, tuberculids, and the ultratuberculosis virus.
Ravaut was a member of the Académie de médecine.
- Le diagnostic de la nature des épanchements séro-fibrineux de la plévre.
- Cytodiagnostic. Paris, 1902.
- La rachicentèse. With Gastinel and Velter. Paris, 1910.
- Syphilis, Paludisme, Ambiase. Paris, 1918; 3rd edition, 1927.
- Les maladies dites vénériennes. Paris, 1922; 2nd edition, 1930.
- Les reactions cérébro-méningées chez l’enfant et le nouveau-né.
- Le rhumatisme blennorragique. With R. Boulin; Paris, 1929.
What is an eponym?An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms. It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person, with a biography of that person.
Disclaimer:Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only. No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically, therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.