Giuseppe Conte Gradenigo
Biography of Giuseppe Conte Gradenigo
Giuseppe Conte Gradenigo was the son of the physician Pietro Conte Gradenigo (1831-1904). On the advice of his father he turned to otology, working in Wien under Adam Politzer (1835-1920), and at the same time worked on the embryology of the ear under Samuel Leopold Schenk (1840-1902). In 1889 he became head of the otiatric department of the Torino polyclinic, and subsequently headed the ear-nose-throat clinic until 1917, when he was appointed to the chair in Napoli. His publications concern the embryology, morphology, physio-pathology as well as the clinics of the ear. He worked on acumetry with Aristide Stefanini (1846-1925).
With Emilio Rossi (1844-1901) he founded the Archivio Italiano di otologia, rhinologia e laryngologiain 1893 and, with O. Brieger, the Centralblatt für Ohrenheilkunde in 1902.
- Sulle manifestazioni auriculari dell’ isterismo.
- Die Hypertrophie der Rachentonsille.
Klin Vortr Otol. Jena, 1901.
- Patologia e terapia dell’ orecchio e delle prime vie aere.
Jena, 1903. ?
- Sui criteri diagnostici nelle malattie del labirinto auricolare. Milano, 1907.
- Sulla acumetria. Siena, 1908.