Biography of Ludwig Bruns
Ludwig Bruns was educated in Göttingen and Munich from 1877 to 1892. For a period he devoted his efforts to opthalmology, then changed to neurology. He was subsequently at first assistant at the provincial lunatic asylum in Nietleben, under Julius Eduard Hitzig (1838-1907), from 1895 he was at the newly established psychiatric and nerve clinic in Halle, later in Berlin and Paris, before settling in Hannover. He was active as a contributor to various medical journals.
- Die Geschwülste des Nervensystems.
Berlin, 1897; 2nd edition, 1907.
- Die Hysterie im Kindesalter.
In: Slg Abh Nervenkrkh; Halle an der Saale, 1897.
- Die traumatischen Neurosen. Vienna, 1901.
- Handbuch der Nervenkrankheiten im Kindesalter.
With August Cramer (1860-1912). Berlin, 1912.
- List of works in Archiv für Psychiatrie, Berlin, 1917, 57: 548.