Biography of Jeremy Allgrove
Jeremy Allgrove is Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, St Bartholomew's Hospital and Newham General Hospital. He is also affiliated with the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London. Allgrove is the representative ogf The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) on the Diabetes Dataset Advisory Group (England).
We thank Andre Trombeta for information submitted.
- J. Allgrove, P. Husband:
Cautionary tale of a wandering tube.
The Lancet, London, October 25, 1975, 2 (7939): 815.
- J. Allgrove, P. Husband, C. G. Brook:
Cushing's disease: failure of treatment with cyproheptadine.
The British Medical Journal, London, March 12, 1977, 1 (6062): 686-687.
- J. Allgrove, G. S. Clayden, D. B. Grant, J. C. Macaulay:
Familial glucocorticoid deficiency with achalasia of the cardia and deficient tear production.
The Lancet, London, June 17, 1978, 1 (8077): 1284-1286.
- D. Care, R. Ross, D. W. Pickard, A. J. Weatherley, J. M. Garel, R. M. Manning, J. Allgrove, S. Papapoulos, J. L. Riordan:
Calcium homeostasis in the fetal pig.
Journal of Developmental Physiology, Oxford, April1982, 4 (2): 85-106.
- J. Allgrove, J. Chayen, J. L. O'Riordan:
The cytochemical bioassay of parathyroid hormone: further experience.
Journal of Immunoassay, New York, 1983, 4 (1): 1-19.
- J. Allgrove, J. Chayen, P. Jayaweera, J. L. O'Riordan:
An investigation of the biological activity of parathyroid hormone in pseudohypoparathyroidism: comparison with vitamin D deficiency.
Clinical Endocrinology, Oxford, May 1984, 20 (5): 503-514.
- J. Allgrove, A. K. Sangal, D. C. Low, P. H. Weller, N. Loveridge:
Biologically active parathyroid hormone in familial hypocalciuric hypercalcaemia.
Clinical Endocrinology, Oxford, September 1984, 21 (3): 293-298.
- J. Allgrove, S. Adami, L. Fraher, A. Reuben J. L. O'Riordan:
Hypomagnesaemia: studies of parathyroid hormone secretion and function.
Clinical Endocrinol, Oxford, October 1984, 21 (4): 435-449.
- J. Allgrove, S. Adami, R. M. Manning, J. L. O'Riordan:
Cytochemical bioassay of parathyroid hormone in maternal and cord blood.
Archives of Disease in Childhood, London, February 1985, 60 (2): 110-115.
- J. Allgrove:
Improved diabetic control in a district general hospital clinic.
Archives of Disease in Childhood, London, February 1988, 63 (2): 180-185.
- J. Allgrove, B. L. Cockrill:
Fructosamine or glycated haemoglobin as a measure of diabetic control?
Archives of Disease in Childhood, London, April 1988, 63 (4): 418-422.
- J. A. Bridgewater, R. L. Souhami, J. Allgrove, B. Kendall, J. Pritchard:
Intracranial germ cell tumours presenting with hypopituitarism. Successful treatment with chemotherapy alone.
The European Journal of Cancer, Oxford, 1994, 30A (9): 1401-1403.
- D. S. Millar, J. Allgrove, C. Rodeck, V. V. Kakkar, D. N. Cooper:
A homozygous deletion/insertion mutation in the protein C (PROC) gene causing neonatal Purpura fulminans: prenatal diagnosis in an at-risk pregnancy.
Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis, August 1994, 5 (4): 647-649.
- M. Dreyfus, M. Masterson, M. David, G. E. Rivard, F. M. Muller, W. Kreuz, T. Beeg, A. Minford, J. Allgrove, J. D. Cohen, et al:
Replacement therapy with a monoclonal antibody purified protein C concentrate in newborns with severe congenital protein C deficiency.
Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, New York, Stuttgart, 1995, 21 (4): 371-381. Review.
- V. Baliga, R. Thwaites, M. L. Tillyer, A. Minford, L. Parapia, J. Allgrove:
Homozygous protein C deficiency--management with protein C concentrate.
European Journal of Pediatrics, Berlin-Heidelberg, July 1995, 154 (7): 534-538.
- J. Allgrove:
Bisphosphonates: paediatric indications – advantages and possible side-effects.
Proceedings – paediatric osteology. New developments in diagnosis and therapy. Cologne, Germany, 5-7 October 1995. Excerpta Medica International Congress Series No 1105. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1996: 261-273.
- J. Allgrove:
Archives of Disease in Childhood, London, January 1997, 76 (1): 73-75. Review.
- G. Wilson, A. Moore, J. Allgrove:
Bilateral retinal detachments at birth: the osteoporosis pseudoglioma syndrome.
British Journal of Ophthalmology, September 2001, 85 (9): 1139.
- Y. Gong, R. B. Slee, N. Fukai, G. Rawadi, S. Roman-Roman, A. M. Reginato, H. Wang, T. Cundy, F. H. Glorieux, D. Lev, M. Zacharin, K. Oexle, J. Marcelino, W. Suwairi, S. Heeger, G. Sabatakos, S. Apte, W. N. Adkins, J. Allgrove, M. Arslan-Kirchner, J. A. Batch, P. Beighton, G. C. Black, R. G. Boles, L. M. Boon, C. Borrone, H. G. Brunner, G. F. Carle, B. Dallapiccola, A. De Paepe, B. Floege, M. L. Halfhide, B. Hall, R. C. Hennekam, T. Hirose, A. Jans, H. Juppner, C. A. Kim, K. Keppler-Noreuil, A. Kohlschuetter, D. LaCombe, M. Lambert, E. Lemyre, T. Letteboer, L. Peltonen, R. S. Ramesar, M. Romanengo, H. Somer, E. Steichen-Gersdorf, B. Steinmann, B. Sullivan, A. Superti-Furga, W. Swoboda, M. J. van den Boogaard, M. Van Hul, M. Vikkula, M. Votruba, B. Zabel, T. Garcia, R. Baron, B. R. Olsen, M. L. Warman, Osteoporosis-Pseudoglioma Syndrome Collaborative Group:
LDL receptor-related protein 5 (LRP5) affects bone accrual and eye development.
Cell, Cambridge, Massachusetts, November 16, 2001, 107 (4): 513-523.
- J. Allgrove:
Use of bisphosphonates in children and adolescents.
The Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2002, 15 Supplement 3: 921-928. Review.
- S. Ladhani, S. D. Phillips, J. Allgrove:
Low back pain at presentation in a newly diagnosed diabetic.
Archives of Disease in Childhood, London, December 2002, 87 (6):543-544.