- Ranke's stages of tuberculosis
- Ranke's classification of tuebrculosis
- Classification de Ranke (French)
- Ranke Dreistadienlehre (German)
A historical classification of tuberculosis, based on the hypothesis that tuberculosis of the lungs develops in three stages.
A historical classification of tuberculosis, based on the hypothesis that tuberculosis of the lungs develops in three stages:
1. Development of the primary complex.
2. More or less generalised tuberculosis.
3. Delimitated organ tuberculosis, chiefly of the lungs.
• Deutsches Archiv für klinische Medizin, Leipzig, 1916, 119: 201, 297.
• Deutsches Archiv für klinische Medizin, Leipzig, 1919, 129: 224.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.