Samuel Irgang - bibliography
American dermatologist in New York, born 1895; died 1972.
- Lupus erythematosus profundus: report of example with clinical resemblance to Darrier-Roussy sarcoid.
Archives of Dermatology and Syphilology, Chicago, 1940, 42: 97-108.
- Dermaromyositis in the negro. A clinical and histologic study of the skin of two cases. The Urologic and Cutaneous Review, St. Louis, 1942, 46: 251.
- Lupus erythematosus papularis and nodularis.
Dermatologica, Basel, 1958, 119 (2), 79.
- Zosteriform lichen planus: case report. Cutis 1968, 4: 1076-1078.
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris responsive to ascorbic acid.
Australasian Journal of Dermatology, Sydney, June 1968, 9 (3): 211-217.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.