Sir Charles Alfred Ballance - bibliography
English surgeon, 1856-1936.
- A treatise on the ligation of the great arteries in continuity.
With Walter Edmunds (1850-1930).
London, Macmillan & Co., 1891.
Includes Ballance's scale of measurement of calibre of arteries.
- Some points in the surgery of the brain and its membranes. London 1907.
- On splenectomy for rupture without external wound; with remarks on the symptoms produced by the removal of the organ.
The Practitioner, London, 1908, 60: 347-358.
- Essays on the surgery of the temporal bone.
With Charles David Green (1862-1937).
2 volumes. London, Macmillan, 1919.
The book is finely illustrated and beautifully produced, with several chapters on the history of the development of temporal bone surgery.
- A glimpse into the history of the surgery of the brain.
Thomas Vicary Lecture. London, Macmillan & Co., 1922. First published in Lancet, 1922, 1: 111-116, 165-172.
- The operative treatment of facial palsy by the introduction of nerve grafts into the Fallopian canal and by other intratemporal methods.
With Arthur Baldwin Duel (1870-1936).
Archives of Otolaryngology, Chicago, 1932, 15: 1-70.
A classic paper which includes some history of the surgical treatment of facial palsy.