Arthur Hill Hassall - bibliography
British physician and chemist, born September 13, 1817, Teddington near London; died April 10, 1894.
- The microscopic anatomy of the human body, in health and disease.
2 volumes. London, 1846, 1849; New York, 1851; 1855; 1869.
The first English textbook on microscopical anatomy.
German translation by Otto Kohlschütter (1807-1853): Mikroskopische Anatomie des menschlichen Körpers im gesunden und kranken Zustande. Leipzig, 1850-1852.
- Reports on the adulterations of food, drink and drugs. ancet.
- Water supply to the Metropolis.
[Various reports and memoirs].
- Food, water, and air in relation to the public health.
1871 to 1874.
- Adulterations detected or plain instructions for discovery of frauds in food and medicine.
2nd edition; London, 1861.
- Evidence before the Parliamentary Committee on the adulterations of food. 1874.
- Food; its adulterations, and the methods for their detection. 1876.
- San Remo and the Western Riviera. 1879.
- San Remo climatically and medically considered. 1883.
- The inhalation treatment of diseases of the organs of respirations, including consumption. 1885.
- The narrative of a busy life. An autobiography.