Aldred Scott Warthin - bibliography
American pathologist, born October 21, 1866, Greensburg, Indiana; died May 23, 1931, Ann Arbor.
- Practical pathology. Ann Arbor, 1896; 2nd edition, 1922.
- Traumatic lipaemia and fatty embolism.
Int Clin., 1913, 23 ser., 4: 171-227.
Classical description of pulmonary fat embolism.
- The medical aspect of mustard gas poisoning.
With C. Weller. St. Louis, 1919.
- Old age. New York, 1929.
- The creed of a biologist. New York, 1930.
- The Physician of the Dance of Death. A Historical Study of the Evolution of the Dance of Death Mythus in Art.
New York : P. B. Hoeber, inc., 1931.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.