Walter Edward Dandy - bibliography
- Arnold-Chiari malformation
- Dandy's operation
- Dandy's phenomenon
- Dandy's sign I
- Dandy's sign II
- Dandy's syndrome
- Dandy-Walker syndrome
- Dandy-Walker-like syndrome
American neurosurgeon, born 1886, Sedalia, Missouri; died 1946.
- Internal hydrocephalus, en experimental, clinical and pathological study.
With Kenneth Daniel Blackfan (1883-1942).
American Journal of Diseases of Children, Chicago, 1914, 8: 406-82.
- Ventriculography following the injection of air into the cerebral ventricles.
Annals of Surgery, Philadelphia, 1918, 68:5-11.
- Röntgenography of the brain after the injection of air into the spinal canal.
Annals of Surgery, Philadelphia, 1919, 70: 397-403.
- An operation for the total removal of cerebropontile (acoustic) tumors.
Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Chicago, 1925, 41: 129-48.
- Ménière's disease, its diagnosis and a method of treatment.
Chicago, American Medical Association, 1928. 26 pages.
Reprinted from the Archives of Surgery, June, 1928, 16: 1127-1152.
First edition, Menieres disease - aural vertigo with nausea and tinnitis followed by deafness in one ear, was treated by sectioning the auditory nerve intracranially.
- The surgical treatment of Ménière's disease.
Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Chicago, 1941, 72: 421-5.
- Alfred Blalock (1899-1964):
Walter Edward Dandy 1886-1946.
Surgery, St. Louis, 1946, 19: 577-579.
Walter Edward Dandy.
Journal of the American Medical Association, Chicago, 1946, 130: 1257.