Caleb Hillier Parry - bibliography
British physician, born October 21, 1755, Cirencester, Gloucestershire; died March 9, 1822, Sion Place, Bath.
- Proposals for a History of Fossils in Gloucestershire. 1781.
- On the effects of compression of the arteries in various diseases and particularly in those of the head.
Memoirs of the Medical Society of London, 1792; III.
- An Inquiry Into the Symptoms and Causes of the Syncope Anginosa Commonly Called Angina Pectoris, illustrated by Dissections.
Bath, R. Cruttwell; London, Cadell & Davis, 1799.
This was a paper read before the Gloucester Medical Society in 1788, but not published until 1799.
- An Experimental Inquiry into the Nature, Cause and Varieties of the Arterial Pulse.
Bath, 1816; London, Underwood, 1816.
German translation by Elieser Salomo von Embden (1775): Experimentaluntersuchung über den arteriösen Puls. Hannover, 1817.
- Elements of Pathology and Therapeutics.
London, 1815; new edtition by his son Charles Henry Parry in 1825.
- Collections from the Unpublished Medical Writings of the Late Caleb Hillier Parry.
Posthumous. London, Underwood, Fleet Street, 1825.
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland in connection with enlargement or palpitation of the heart.
Collections from the unpublished papers of the late Caleb Hillier Parry 1825: 111-125
- P. Kligfield:
The early pathophysiologic understanding of angina pectoris.
American Journal of Cardiology, New York, 1982, 50: 1433-1434.
- Sholem Glaser:
The Spirit of Enquiry. Bath, 1999.