André Alfred Lemierre - bibliography
French bacteriologist, born July 30, 1875, Paris; died 1956.
- Néphrites chroniques au cours de la gestation. Paris, 1924.
- Infections colibacillaires au cours de la gestation et de la puerpéralite. Paris, 1824.
- Néphrites chroniques et gestation.
With Georges Fernand Isidore Widal (1862-1929). Paris, 1925.
- Maladies des reins. Paris, 1929.
- On certain septicaemias due to anaerobic organisms. The Lancet 1936, 1: 701-703
- Sur une nouvelle fièvre par morsure de rat.
With J. Reilly, A. Laporte and M. Morin.
Bulletin de l'Académie de médecine, Paris. 3. séries, 1937, 117: 705-713.
The authors isolated Streptobacillus moniliformis from a case of rat-bite fever.
- Lemierre was co-publisher of the 8 volume Pratique medico-chirurgicale.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.