Edward Woakes - bibliography
English physician, born 1837; died September 30, 1912.
- On deafness, giddiness, and noises in the head. 2nd edition, 1880.
4th edition, assisted by Claud Woakes, Blakiston, 1897, 224 pages.
- Treatment of nasal disease by medicated cotton wool. The Lancet, London, 1880.
- Vertigo, and the symptoms called Menière’s disease. British Medical Journal, 1883.
- The etiology of diphteria, etc. The Lancet, 1883.
- Post-nasal catarrh, and diseases of the nose causing deafness.
3rd edition, 1884, P. Blakiston, Son & Co. 224 pages.
- Nasal polypus, with neuralgia, hay fever, and asthma : in relation to ethmoiditis. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1887.
- August Hirsch, publisher:
Biographisches Lexikon der hervorragenden Ärzte aller Zeiten und Völker.
2nd edition. Berlin, Urban & Schwarzenberg, 1929. First published in 6 volumes 1884-1888. 3rd edition, München 1962.
- P. J. Koehler, H. Isler:
The early use of ergotamine in migraine. Edward Woakes' report of 1868, its theoretical and practical background and its international reception.
Cephalalgia, October 2002, 22 (8): 686-691.
- M. J. Eadie:
Ergot of rye-the first specific for migraine.
Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, January 2004, 11 (1): 4-7.