William Brinton - bibliography
English physician, born November 20, 1823, Kidderminster; died January 17, 1867.
- On the pathology, symptoms, and treatment of ulcer of the stomach.
London, J. Churchill, 1857.
A comprehensive account of peptic ulcer; includes a review of the results of more than 7,000 post mortems.
- The diseases of the stomach, with an introduction on its anatomy and physiology.
London, J. Churchill, 1859.
- On food and its digestion: being an introduction to dietetics. 1861.
- Intestinal obstruction. London, J. Churchill, 1867.
Published posthumously by Thomas Buzzard (1831-1919).
- Gustav Gabriel Valentin:
Grundriss der Physiologie des Menschen. Für das erste Studium und zur Selbstbelehrung.
Brauschweig, Friedrich Vieweg, 1846.
4th edition, Braunschweig, Vieweg, 1855:
Grundriss der Physiologie des Menschen und zur Sebstbelehrung.
Translated into English as A Textbook of Physiology. London, 1853.
- August Hirsch, publisher:
Biographisches Lexikon der hervorragenden Ärzte aller Zeiten und Völker.
2nd edition. Berlin, Urban & Schwarzenberg, 1929.
First published in 6 volumes 1884-1888. 3rd edition, München 1962.
- Jeremy M. Norman, editor:
Morton’s Medical Bibliography. An annotated Check-list of Texts Illustrating the History of Medicine (Garrison and Morton).
Fifth edition. Scolar Press, 1991.