Robert Edward Gross - bibliography
American surgeon, born July 2, 1905, Baltimore, Maryland; died October 11, 1988.
- Surgical ligation of a patent ductus arteriosus: report of first successful case. Written with John Perry Hubbard.
The Journal of the American Medical Association, Chicago, 1939, 112: 729-731.
One of the earliest successful surgical repairs for congenital heart disease.
- Surgical correction for coarctation of the aorta. Surgery, 1945, 18: 673-678.
Resection of coarctation and direct anastomosis of remaining ends.
- The surgery of infancy and childhood. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders, 1953.
This was the first modern comprehensive textbook on the subject. Biographical:
- Francis D. Moore and Judah Folkman:
Robert Edward Gross - July 2, 1905-October 11, 1988.
Biographical Memoirs. National Academy of Sciences, 1995, 66: 131-148.
- Vladimir V. Alexi-Meskishvili and Igor E. Konstantinov:
Surgery for atrial septal defect: from the first experiments to clinical practice.
The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2003, 76: 322-327.
- W. Böttcher and V. V. Alexi-Meskishvili:
Der erstmalige Verschluss eines persistierenden Ductus arteriosus.
[The first closure of the persistent ductus arteriosus]
Zeitschrift für Herz-, Thorax- und Gefäßchirurgie, Darmstadt, June 2006, 20 (3): 122-130.