Henry Hancock - bibliography
English surgeon, born August 6, 1809, London; died January 1, 1880, Chute, Wiltshire.
- A short account of a case of disease of the appendix caeci cured by operation, with suggestions as to the propriety of adopting a similar method of proceeding in certain cases of peritonitis.
The London Medical Gazette, 1948, 7: 547-550.
The first recorded successful operation for peritonitis due to abscess in the appendix.
- On the operation for strangulated hernia. 1850.
- On the anatomy and physiology of the male urethra, and on pathology of strictures of that canal. 1852.
- On the operative surgery of the foot and ankle-joint. London, 1873.
- Hip-joint and Arteria innominata. In: Robert Bentley Todd: The cyclopaedia of anatomy and physiology. 5 vols. London, 1836–1859. Other contributors to this massive work were Sir Richard Owen (1804-1892), Richard Quain (1816-1898), Thomas Bell, Gilbert Breschet (1784-1845), and Sir James Paget (1814-1845).