Douglas Moray Cooper Lamb Argyll Robertson - bibliography
Scottish ophthalmologist and eye surgeon, born 1837, Edinburgh; died January 3, 1909, Gonday near Bombay, India.
- The progress of ophthalmology – a sketch.
Edinburgh Medical Journal, 1862, 8: 40-50.
- The Calabar bean as a new agent in ophthalmic medicine.
Edinburgh Medical Journal, 1862-1863: 8.
- Case of Filaria loa in which the parasite was removed from under the conjunctiva.
Transactions of the Ophthalmological Societies of the United Kingdom, 1895, 15: 137-167.
First detailed description of Loa loa. See also Transactions of the Ophthalmological Societies of the United Kingdom, 1897, 17: 227-232. Obituaries etc.
- Edinburgh Medical Journal, 1909; 3rd series, pp 159-162.
- Zentralblatt für Augenheilkunde, 1909, page 58.
- G. Mackay in Klinische Monatsblätter für Augenheilkunde, Stuttgart, 1909, 1: 308.
The best presentation of his life and work.
- Julius Hirschberg (1843-1939):
Englands Augenärzte. 1918, pp 414-416. 1918. (Graefe-Sämisch, 2nd edition, 14, 4.)
- Dictionary of National Biography, second supplement, 3, p 213.
- British Medical Journal, 1909, 1: 191-193. With picture.
- John Dixon Comrie (1875-1939):
History of Scottisch medicine.
London: The Wellcome Historical Medical Museum, 1932. Pages 798-710.
- H. Hamilton Bailey, W. J. Bishop:
Notable Names in Medicine and Surgery. London, H. K. Lewis, 1959.