Arnold Rice Rich - bibliography
American pathologist, born March 28, 1893, Birmingham, Alabama; died April 17, 1968, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Reactions of the probiscis of Planaria albissima Vejdovsky. With W. A. Kepper.
The Journal of Experimental Zoology, New York, 1918, 28: 83-100.
- Experimental studies concerning the site of origin of bilirubin.
Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1923, 34: 321-329.
- The formation of bile pigments from haemoglobin in tissue cultures.
Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1924, 35: 415-416.
- The formation of bile pigment.
Physiological Reviews, Bethesda, Maryland, 1925, 5: 182-224
Elucidating the origin of bilirubin and the bile pigments.
- Mechanism of allergy in tuberculosis. With M. R. Lewis. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, New York, 1928, 25: 596-598.
- The role of allergy in tuberculosis.
Archives of Internal Medicine, Chicago, 1929, 43: 691-714.
- An enquiry concerning the role of allergy, immunity and other factors of importance in the pathogenesis of human tuberculosis. With H. A. McCordock.
Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1929, 44: 273-424.
- The pathogenesis of the forms of jaundice.
Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1930, 47: 338-377.
- A clinical-pathological conference. Two instances of jaundice.
With Louis V. Hamman.
International Clinics, 43d series, 1933: 3: 230-253.
- The role of hypersensitivity in perioarteritis nodosa; as indicated by seven cases developing during serum sickness and sulfonamide therapy.
Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1942, 71: 123-135.
Rich considered hypersensitivity to be an important factor in the aetiology of periarteritis nodosa.
- The experimental demonstration that periarteritis nodosa is a manifestation of hypersensitivity. With J. E. Gregory.
Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1943, 72: 65-82.
- The pathogenesis if tuberculosis. Springfield : C. C. Thomas, 1944.
Classic work on the pathogenesis of tuberculosis and its immunology and hypersensitivity. Biographical:
Arnold Rice Rich (1893--1968).
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, Atlanta, Georgia, 1979, 29(2): 112-114.
- I. L. Bennett, Jr:
Arnold Rice Rich. 1893-1968.
Transactions of Association of American Physicians,1968, 81: 20-21.
- A. M. Harvey:
Compleat Clinician and a Renaissance Pathologist: Louis Hamman and Arnold R. Rich. The Johns Hopkins Medical Journal, Baltimore, 1975, 136: 212-219.
- A. M. Harvey:
Compleat clinician and Renaissance pathologist: Louis Hamman and Arnold Rich.
The Johns Hopkins Medical Journal, Baltimore, 1976, Supplement: 139-151.
- E. H. Oppenheimer:
Arnold Rice Rich, March 28, 1893--April 17, 1968.
Biographical Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences, 1979, 50: 331-350.
- C. W. Wainwright:
Memorial. Arnold Rice Rich. M.D. Transactions of the American Clinical and Climatological Association, Baltimore, MD, 1969, 80: liv-lvi.