Hans Hugo Bruno Selye - bibliography
Austrian-Hungarian endocrinologist, born January 26, 1907, Vienna, Austria-Hungary; died October 16, 1982, Montreal, Canada.
- A Syndrome Produced by Diverse Nocuous Agents. Nature, 1936, 138, 32.
- On the nature of disease.
Texas Reports on Biology and Medicine, 1954, 2, 390-422.
- The Stress of life. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1956.
- Stress without Distress. 1974. A bestseller which appeared in 17 languages.
- Implications of Stress Concept.
New York State Journal of Medicine, 1975, 75 (12), 2139-2145.
- Forty Years of Stress Research: Principal remaining Problems and Misconceptions.
Canadian Medical Association Journal, 1976, 15 (1), 53-56.
- The Stress of Life. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- Selye’s Guide to Stress Research. Volume 1. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1980. Edited by Hans Selye.
- History and Present Status of the Stress Concept.
In S. Breznitz and L. Goldberger, editors: Handbook of Stress: Theoretical and Clinical Aspects.
New York: The Free Press. A division of Macmillan, Inc. 1982, pp 7-20.
- S. Szabo:
The Creative and Productive Life of Hans Selye: A Review of His Major Scientific Discoveries. Experientia, Basel, 1985, 41: 564-567.
- Y. Tache:
A Tribute to the Pioneering Contributions of Hans Selye: An Appraisal Through His Books. Experientia, Basel, 1985, 41: 567-568.