Friedrich Schlemm - bibliography
German anatomist, born December 11, 1795, Salzgitter in Hannover; died May 27, 1858.
- De articarium faciei anastomosibus. Doctoral dissertation, Berlin, 1821.
- Anatomische Beschreibung des Blutgefässystems der Schlangen.
[Tiedemann and Treviranus] Zeitschrift für Physiologie, Heidelberg, 1826.
- Arteriarum capitis superficialum icon nova. Berlin, 1830.
In this work Schlemm also reports his discovery of the corneal nerves.
- Bemerkungen über den angeblichen Ohrknoten (Ganglion oticum).
[Froriep’s] Notizen aus dem Gebiete der Natur- und Heilkunde, 1831.
- Anatomisch-pathologische Beobachtungen. Preuss. med. Vereins-Ztg. 1833.
- Observationes neurologicae, quas ut locum in facult. med . . . rite obtineret, scripsit. Berlin, 1834.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.