William Anderson - bibliography
English surgeon and dermatologist, born December 18, 1842, London; died October 27, 1900, London.
- On skin grafting. Saint Thomas’s Hospital Reports, London, 1871.
- Recurrent mammary tumour.
Transactions of the Pathological Society of London, 1872.
- Lectures on Kakké in Japan. 1879.
- A new system of cerebral localisation. 1889.
- The anatomy and surgery of sacless hernia of the sigmoid flexure.
British Medical Journal, London, 1895.
- On art in its relation to anatomy. British Medical Journal, London, 1895.
- Surgery of the subperitoneal tissue. British Medical Journal, London, 1896.
- Deformities of the Fingers and Toes. 1896.
- Hunterian lectures on the deformities of the hand and feet. 1897.
- On John Arderne and the Surgery of the 14th century.
Transactions of the Medical Society of London, 1898.
Neither the year of John Arderne's birth nor of his death is known. He was probably educated at Montpellier and was probably a field surgeon at the battle of Crécy in 1346, when the English troops won their first major victory in the Hundred Years' war against the French. He practiced in Newark from 1348 to 1370, from then in London. One of his specialities was the therapy of fistulas. Some writers credit him the introduction of surgery in England.
- Art in relation to Medical Science.
Saint Thomas’s Hospital Reports, London, volume 15.
- Joseph Frank Payne (1840-1910):
William Anderson. St. Thomas's Hospital Journal, 1901, 30: 329-335.
- W. Warwick Wagstaffe:
A personal account of an old friend.
St. Thomas's Hospital Journal, 1901 30: 337-343.