Hermann Ludwig Eichhorst - bibliography
German physician, born March 3, 1849, Königsberg, Prussia; died July 26, 1921, Zürich, Switzerland.
- Die progressive perniciöse Anämie. Leipzig, Veit und Comp, 1878.
- Trophische Beziehungen der Nn. vagi zum Herzmuskel. Berlin, 1879.
- Handbuch der speciellen Pathologie und Therapie.
2 volumes, Vienna and Leipzig, 1883-1884.
- Lehrbuch der physikalischen Untersuchungsmethoden innerer Krankheiten.
Berlin, 1889; 4th edition, 1896; translated into French and Russian.
- Lehrbuch der practischen Medizin innerer Krankheiten.
Vienna, 1899; translated into English, Italian, and Spanish,
- Hygiene des Herzens im gesunden und kranken Zustande.
Stuttgart, 1904; 2nd edition, 1906; translated into Dutch.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.