Edouard Francis Kirmisson - bibliography
French paediatric surgeon, born July 18, 1848, Nantes;
died September 22, 1927, Binic, Côtes-du-Nord.
- Des modifications modernes de la lithothrice. Thesis for agrégé. Paris, 1883.
- Maladies des régions Tête et rachis.
- Manuel de pathologie externe. Paris, 1885.
- Leçons cliniques sur les maladies de l’appareil locomoteur. Paris, 1890.
- Traité des maladies chirurgicales d’origine congénitale. Paris, Masson, 1898.
A very early work on the correction of craniofacial anaomalies.
- Les difformités acquises de l’appareil locomoteur pendant l’enfance et de l’adolescence. Paris, 1902.
- Précis de chirurgie infantile. Paris, 1906; 2nd edition, 1912.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.