Abraham Colles - bibliography
- Baumès law
- Colles' fascia
- Colles' fracture
- Colles' law
- Colles' ligament
- Monteggia's fracture
- Smith's fracture (Robert William Smith)
Irish surgeon and anatomist, born July 23, 1773, Millmount near Kilkenny; died November 16, 1843.
- Surgical Anatomy. 1811. With the description of Colles' fascia.
- On the fracture of the carpal extremity of the radius.
Edinburgh Medical and Surgical Journal, 1814, 10: 182-186.
Colles' fracture. Reprinted in Medical Classics, 1940, 4: 1038-1042.
- On the operation of tying the subclavian artery.
Edinburgh Medical and Surgical Journal, 1815, 11: 1-25.
Colles tied the subclavian artery in 1811 and again in 1813.
Reprinted in Medical Classics, 1940, 4: 1043-1072.
- Practical observations on the venereal disease, and on the use of mercury.
London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1837. Page 304.
Colles introduced small doses of mercury in the treatment of syphilis.
- Lectures on the theory and practice of surgery. 2 volumes.
Colles' principle textbook.