Edgar Ferdinand Cyriax - bibliography
English orthopaedic physician and specialist in mechanotherapeutics, 1874-1955.
- The elements of Kellgrens Manual Treatment.
New York: W. Wood and Co., 1904.
- Some new facts in the anatomy of certain movements.
Journal of Anatomy, London, 1917, 51: 396-399.
- On various conditions that may simulate the referred pains of visceral disease, and a consideration of these from the point of view of cause and effect. 1919.
- On the rotary movement of the wrist. Journal of Anatomy, 1926, 60: 199-201.
- Minor displacements of the sacro-iliac joints.
The British Journal of Physical Medicine, London, 1934, 8: 191-193.
- Biographical source: Wellcome Library. Home page.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.