William Alexander - bibliography
English surgeon, 1844-1919
- The pathology and surgical treatment of epilepsy and of inverterate uterine displacements.
- The pathology and surgical treatment of diseases of the hip-joint. 1881. Won the Jacksonian prize.
- The pathology and pathological relation of chronic rheumatic arthritis. Won the Astley-Cooper prize in 1883.
- The treatment of uterine displacements by shortening the round ligaments. 1881.
- The surgical treatment of epilepsy.
- Removal of advanced cancerous disease of rectum by a new method. Liverpool Medico-Chirurgical Journal, 1887.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.