Henry Bence Jones - bibliography
English physician and chemist, born December 31, 1813, Thorington Hall, Yoxford, Suffolk County; died April 20, 1873.
BibliographyBesides his books, Bence Jones made numerous contributions to journals.
- On gravel, calculus and gout; chiefly an application of Prof. Liebig’s physiology to the prevention and cure of these diseases. London, 1842.
- On animal electricity (Abstract of the discoveries of E. Du Bois-Reymond). 1852.
- Chemistry of urine. 1857.
- On animal chemistry in its application to stomach and renal diseases. 1856.
- Lectures on some of the applications of chemistry and mechanics to pathology and therapeutics. 1867.
- Lectures on matter and tone.
Croonian Lectures; College of Physicians, 1868.
- The life and letters of Faraday. 2 volumes.
- The London and Provincial Medical Directory. Obituary.
London: Royal College of Physicians, 1858: 866.
- Francis Darwin:
Life and letters of Charles Darwin.
Volume 2. London: John Murray, 1887: 215.
- J. Rosenbloom:
An appreciation of Henry Bence Jones, MD, FRS.
Annals of Medical History, 1919, 2: 262-264.
- R. R. James:
British masters of ophthalmology.
British Journal of Ophthalmology, London, 1926, 10: 240-247.
- E. T. Collins:
The History & Traditions of the Moorfields Eye Hospital.
Volume 1. London: H.K. Lewis, 1929: 75-79.
- H. Bence-Jones:
Posthumous, private publication by Crusha & Son, London, 1929: 3-33.
- G. H. Brown:
Lives of the fellows of the Royal College of Physicians of London 1826-1925.
Royal College of Physicians of London, 1955: 63.
- J. R. Clamp:
Some aspects of the first recorded case of multiple myeloma.
Lancet, London, 1967; 2: 1354-1356.
- Henry Bence Jones (1813-1873).
Classic in Oncology, 1978, 1: 47-56.