Austin Flint - bibliography
American physician, born October 20, 1812, Petersham, Massachusets; died March 13, 1886, Brooklyn, New York.
- Prize Essay. On the variations of pitch in percussion and respiratory sounds. etc. Buffalo, 1852.
- Clinical reports on chronic pleurisy, etc. Buffalo, 1853.
- Clinical report on dysentery, etc. Buffalo, 1853.
- Physical exploration and diagnosis of diseases affecting the respiratory organs. Philadelphia, 1856.
- On cardiac murmurs.
American Journal of the Medical Sciences, Philadelphia, 1862, 44: 29-54.
Reprinted in Medical Classics, 1940, 4: 864-900.
- Compendium of percussion and auscultation etc. New York. 4th edition, 1869.
- Clinical report on hydro-peritoneum based on an analysis of forty-six cases.
The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, Hagerstown, Maryland, 1863, 45: 306-339. Heyd's syndrome.
- Contributions relating to the causation and prevention of diseases, and to camp-diseases; etc. New York, 1867.
- A practical treatise on the diagnosis, pathology, and treatment of diseases of the heart. Philadelphia, 1859.
- A Treatise on the Principles and Practice of Medicine. 1866.
- Contributions relating to the causation and prevention of diseases, and to camp-diseases; etc.
New York, 1867. Written on assignment of the U. S. Sanitary Commission.
- Essays on conservative medicine and kindred topics.
- Phthisis; its morbid anatomy, etiology, etc.
- Clinical medicine; a systematic treatise on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Medical ethics and etiquette. The code of ethics adopted by the Am. Med. Assoc. New York, 1883.
- The mitral cardiac murmurs.
American Journal of the Medical Sciences, Philadelphia, 1886, 91: 27-44.