William Fetherstone Montgomery - bibliography
Irish obstetrician, born 1797; died December 21, 1859, Dublin.
- Spontaneous amputation of the limbs of the foetus in utero.
Dublin Journal of Medical Science, 1832, 1: 140.
German translation in Eduard von Siebold’s Journal für Geburtshülfe, 13: 344.
- Practical observations in midwifery.
Dublin Journal of Medical and Chemical Science, 1835.
- Case of ovarian disease of a remarkable character.
- Obs. of sudden death of children from enlargement of the thymus gland.
Dublin Quarterly Journal of Medical Science, 1836.
- An exposition of the signs and symptoms of pregnancy.
London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1837, 1856, 1863.
German translation by F. J. Schwann; Bonn, 1839. His main oeuvre.
- Observations on the incipient stage of cancerous affections of the womb.
Dublin Quarterly Journal of Medical Science, 1842.
- Some observations of uterine polype and ulceration with cases.
Dublin Quarterly Journal of Medical Science, 1846.
- Objections on the indiscriminate administration of the anaesthetic agents in midwifery.
Dublin Quarterly Journal of Medicine, 1849.