William Adams - bibliography
English surgeon, born February 1, 1820; died February 3, 1900.
- A course of lectures on orthopaedic surgery.
Medical Times and Gazette, London, 1855-58.
- A sketch of the principle and practice of subcutaneous surgery. 1857.
- On the reparative process in human tendons after division. 1860.
- Lectures on pathology and treatment of lateral curvature of the spine. 1865.
- On the pathology and treatment of club-foot. 1866.
- Subcutaneous division of the neck of the thighbone, for bony anchylosis of the hip-joint. 1871.
- On the treatment of Dupuytren's contraction of the fingers, and on the obliteration of depressed cicatrices by subcutaneous operations. 1879. 2nd edition, 1892.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.