John Bingham Roberts - bibliography
American surgeon, born 29 February 1852, Philadelphia;
died November 28, 1924, Philadelphia.
- The field and limitation of the operative surgery of the human brain.
- A manual of modern surgery.
Philadelphia, 1890; 2nd edition 1899.
- Notes on the modern treatment of fractures.
- Surgery of deformities of the face. New York, 1912.
- Treatise on fractures. Philadelphia, 1916; end edition, 1921.
- Congenital clefts of the face.
Annals of Surgery, Philadelphia, 1918, 67: 110-114.
Roberts introduced the push-back procedure-backward displacement of the velum to ensure adequate speech.
- War surgery of the face : including cleft alate. New York, 1919.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.