Alexis Littre - bibliography
French anatomist and surgeon, born July 21, 1658, Cordes, Tarn-et-Garonne; died February 3, 1726.
- Observations sur les ovaires. 1701.
- Observation d’un foetus humain trouvé dans la trompe gauche de la matrice. 1702.
- Observations sur des plaies de ventre. 1705.
- Observations sur la gonorrhée. 1711.
- Description de l’urèthre de l’homme. 1719.
- Diverse observations anatomiques. 1732.
What is an eponym?
An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus
any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?
Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms.
It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person,
with a biography of that person.
Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only.
No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically,
therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be
affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.