American dermatologist in New York, born 1895; died 1972.
Biography of Samuel Irgang
He named the "Lupus erythematosus profundus" in 1940. This was called Lupus panniculitis by Moriz Kohn Kaposi (1837-1902) in 1883.
We thank professor Dr. Ali Tahsin Günes for information submitted.
- Lupus erythematosus profundus: report of example with clinical resemblance to Darrier-Roussy sarcoid.
Archives of Dermatology and Syphilology, Chicago, 1940, 42: 97-108.
- Dermaromyositis in the negro. A clinical and histologic study of the skin of two cases. The Urologic and Cutaneous Review, St. Louis, 1942, 46: 251.
- Lupus erythematosus papularis and nodularis.
Dermatologica, Basel, 1958, 119 (2), 79.
- Zosteriform lichen planus: case report. Cutis 1968, 4: 1076-1078.
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris responsive to ascorbic acid.
Australasian Journal of Dermatology, Sydney, June 1968, 9 (3): 211-217.