Rudolf Robert Maier
German physician, born April 9, 1824, Freiburg im Breisgau; died November 7, 1888, Freiburg.
Biography of Rudolf Robert Maier
Rudolf Robert Maier distinguished himself in outstanding pathological-anatomical works.
- Über den Bau der Thränenorgane, insbesondere der thränenleitenden Wege. 1. TL.
- Thränenorgane des Menschen. Freiburg, 1859.
With the first description of the Sinus sacci lacrimalis superior (Maieri)
- Lehrbuch der allgemeinen pathologischen Anatomie.
- Arbeiten über Periarteriitis nodosa und muskuläre Pylorusstenose.
- Johannes Schenck von Grafenberg. Freiburg, 1878.
What is an eponym?An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms. It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person, with a biography of that person.
Disclaimer:Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only. No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically, therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.