John T. Martsolf
Biography of John T. Martsolf
John T.Martsolf obtained his M.D. from Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, in 1970. He is Professor of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, Physiology and Therapeutics at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences, where he is also Director, division of medical genetics. His main fields of work are medical genetics, clinical delineation of birth defects, and the fetal alcohol syndrome.
We thank Joseph Constantin, France, for information submitted.
- J. T. Martsolf, J. B. Cracco, G. G. Carpenter, A. E. O'Hara:
Pfeiffer syndrome: an unusual type of acrocephalosyndactyly with broad thumbs and great toes.
American Journal of Diseases of Children, Chicago, 1971, 121: 257-262.
- L. Burd, J. T. Martsolf, and M. G. Klug,:
Children with fetal alcohol syndrome in North Dakota: A case control study utilizing birth certificate data.
Addiction Biology, 1996 1:(2):181-189.
- L. Burd, J. T. Martsolf, J. Kerbeshian, T. Mohr, P. Mohr, and M. Ebertowski:
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Delineation and Management.
Clinical Advances in the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders, 1996, 10, 1-8.
- M. Bagheri, L. Burd, J. T. Martsolf, and M. G. Klug,:
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Maternal and neonatal characteristics.
Journal of Perinatal Medicine 1998, 26 (4): 263-269.
- Michele Clemens, John T. Martsolf, John G. Rogers, Patricia Mowery-Rushton, Urvashi Surti, Elizabeth McPherson:
Pitt-Rogers-Dank syndrome: The result of a 4p microdeletion.
American Journal of Medical Genetics (online), December 6, 1998, 66 (1):95-100.
- J. T. Martsolf:
Chief Complaint: Short stature in a 9 year old.
In H. D. Wilson, editor: Pediatrics (Clerkship Series): 203-206. Fence Creek Publishing, Madison, Connecticut, 1999.
- Larry Burd, John Martsolf, Marilyn G. Klug, Ellen O'Connor and Marlene Peterson:
Prenatal alcohol exposure assessment: multiple embedded measures in a prenatal questionnaire. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 25 (2003) pp. 675-679.
- Marilyn G. Klug, Larry Burd, Jacob Kerbeshian, Becky Benz and John T. Martsolf:
A comparison of the effects of parental risk markers on pre- and perinatal variables in multiple patient cohorts with fetal alcohol syndrome, autism, Tourette syndrome, and sudden infant death syndrome: an enviromic analysis.
Neurotoxicology and Teratology, November/December 2003, 25: 707-717.
- Betty A. Poitra, Shirley Marion, Marilyn Dionne, Esther Wilkie, Paul Dauphinais, Marma Wilkie-Pepion, John T. Martsolf, Marilyn G. Klug and Larry Burd:
A school-based screening program for fetal alcohol syndrome.
Neurotoxicology and Teratology, November/December 2003, 25: 725-729.
- Marilyn G. Klug, Larry Burd, John T. Martsolf and Mary Ebertowski:
Body mass index in fetal alcohol syndrome.
Neurotoxicology and Teratology, November/December 2003, 25 (6): 689-696.
- Larry Burd, Marilyn G. Klug, John T. Martsolf and Jacob Kerbeshian:
Fetal alcohol syndrome: neuropsychiatric phenomics.
Neurotoxicology and Teratology, November/December 2003, 25: 697-705
- Larry Burd, John T Martsolf, Tim Jeulson:
FASD in the Corrections System: Potential Screening Strategies.
Journal of FAS International, February 2004.
- L. Burd, M. G. Klug, J. T. Martsolf:
Increased sibling mortality in children with fetal alcohol syndrome.
Addiction Biology, 2004, 9 (2): 179-186, 2004.
- Larry Burd, Marilyn G Klug, John T Martsolf, Cathy Martsolf, Eric Deal, and Jacob Kerbeshian:
A staged screening strategy for prenatal alcohol exposure and maternal risk stratification.
The Journal of the Royal Society for the Promotion of Health, 2006, 126 (2): 86-94.