Biography of Carlos Stajano
Carlos Stajano entered the medical faculty at the University of Montevideo in 1910. He graduated in 1916 and subsequently trained in gynaecology and surgery. For most of his career he was affiliated with the Hospital Maciel in Montevideo, where he became professor of surgery in 1925, and two years later titular professor of surgical pathology. From 1936 he was professor of clinical surgery. Stajano was a member of the Academy of Surgery in Paris. He retired in 1957, becoming professor emeritus.
- Trofismo y Cáncer. Facultad de Medicina de Montevideo, 1925.
- La reactión frenica en ginecologica.
La semana médica, Buenos Aires, 1920, 27: 243-248.
Fitz-Hugh and Curtis syndrome.
- Sistema nervoso y cáncer. 1922.
- El cuadro agudo de vientre. Thesis for professorship, 1925.
- Les facterurs déterminants du choc opératoire dans les désarticulations de la hanche. 1930.
- Sistema vegetativo y neurosis trófica. 1933
- Choc. 1938.
- Precáncer. 1944.
- Fisiopatologia tisular y sos relaciones con la cancerologia. 1946.