Biography of Hanan Costeff
- Hanan Costeff, Zeev Groswasser and Ruth Goldstein:
Long-term follow-up review of 31 children with severe closed head trauma.
Journal of Neurosurgery, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1990, volume 73, number 5.
- H. Costeff, O. Elpeleg, N. Apter, P. Divry, N. Gadoth:
3-Methylglutaconic aciduria in "optic atrophy plus".
Annals of Neurology, Boston, 1993, 33: 103-104.
"Behr's syndrome consists of recessively inherited infantile optic atrophy, together with chronic neurological disturbances such as ataxia, extrapyramidal dysfunction, and juvenile spastic paresis. This syndrome was found to be relatively common among Iraqi Jews. For our study, 18 such patients underwent metabolic study. All 18 showed abnormally elevated excretion of 3-methylglutaconic acid in their urine. The basic enzymatic defect is as yet unknown."
- K. M. Gibson, O. N. Elpeleg, C. Jakobs, H. Costeff, R. I. Kelley:
Multiple syndromes of 3-methylglutaconic aciduria. [Review].
Pediatric Neurology, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, 1993, 9: 120-123.
- O. N. Elpeleg, H. Costeff, A. Joseph, Y. Shental, R. Weitz, K. M. Gibson:
3-Methylglutaconic aciduria in the Iraqi-Jewish 'optic atrophy plus' (Costeff) syndrome.
Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, London, 1994, 36: 167-172.
- H. Costeff and O. N. Elpeg:
3-Methylglutaconic aciduria, type 3 [letter; comment].
Brain & Development, New York, 1995, 17: 226.
- A. Nystuen, H. Costeff, O. N. Elpeleg, N. Apter, B. Bonne-Tamir, H. Mohrenweiser, N. Haider, E. M. Stone, V. C. Sheffield:
Iraqi-Jewish kindreds with optic atrophy plus (3-methylglutaconic aciduria type 3) demonstrate linkage disequilibrium with the CTG repeat in the 3' untranslated region of the myotonic dystrophy protein kinase gene.
Human Molecular Genetics, Oxford, 1997, 6: 563-569.
- Irith Reider Groswasser; Hanan Costeff, Leon Sazbon, Zeev Groswasser:
CT findings in persistent vegetative state following blunt traumatic brain injury.
Brain Injury, London 1997, 11 (12): 865.
- H. Costeff, N. Apter, O. N. Elpeleg, M. Prialnic, H. J. Bohles:
Ineffectiveness of oral coenzyme Q10 supplementation in 3- methylglutaconic aciduria, type 3.
Brain & Development, New York, 1998, 20: 33-35.