Biography of Zvi Laron
Zvi Laron began his medical education at the medical school in Timisoara. In 1948 he moved to Israel and graduated from the Hadassah Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem in 1952. 1956-1957 he was a research and clinical fellow in paediatrics at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School Boston.
From 1958 to 1992, Laron was Director, Institute of Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology, Beilinson Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Avis University. He was appointed professor in 1971. From 1983 to 1997 Laron was Incumbent of the Irene and Nicholas Marsh Chair in Endocrinology and Juvenile Diabetes, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Avis University.
Since 1998 Laron is Professor Emeritus of Pediatric Endocrinology, Tel Aviv University and Director of Endocrinology & Diabetes Research Unit, Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel. This centre was previously known as the Beilinson Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Tel Aviv.
Zvi Laron has received many honours, among them the 1999 Andrea Prader Award.
We thank Patrick Jucker-Kupper for information submitted.