William R. Harlan
American physician, born November 1, 1930.
Biography of William R. Harlan
Harlan has been an Associate Director for Disease Prevention, Office of Disease Prevention, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, from June 30, 1991.
We thank Nicole Harlan for information submitted - she is the daughter of William R. Harlan.
- Jacques E. Rossouw, Loretta P. Finnegan, William R. Harlan, Vivian W. Pinn, Carolyn Clifford, Joan A. McGowan:
The Evolution of the Womens Health Initiative: Perspectives from the NIH.
Journal of the American Medical Women's Association, New York, March/April 1995, Vol. 50 (2): 50-55.
- W. R. Harlan, L. C. Harlan:
Blood pressure and calcium and magnesium intake.
In: J. H. Laragh and B. M. Brenner, editors: Hypertension: Physiology, Diagnosis, and Management. New York, NY: Raven Press; 1994
- W. R. Harlan, E. A. Harlan & G. P. Grillo:
Secondary sex characteristics of girls 12 to 17 years of age: The U.S. Health Examination Survey. Journal of Pediatrics, 1980, 96, 1074-1078.
- P.J. Savage and W.R. Harlan:
Racial and ethnic diversity in obesity and other risk factors for cardiovascular disease: implications for studies and treatment.
Ethnicity and Disease, Spring 1991, 1(2): 200-211.
- W. R. Green, J. B. Harlan Jr:
Histopathologic features. In: J. W. Berger, S. L. Fine, M. G. Maguire, editors. Age-related macular degeneration. St. Louis: Mosby; 1999, pp. 81-154.
- J. B. Harlan, D. T. Weidenthal, W. R. Green:
Histologic study of a shielded macula. Retina 1997, 17:232-8.
- N. J. Shaheen, D. J. Robertson, M. A. Crosby, S. J. Furs, D. T. May, W. R. Harlan, I. S. Grimm, K. L. Isaacs, and E. M. Bozymski:
Hyoscyamine as a pharmacological adjunct in colonoscopy: a randomized, double blinded, placebo-controlled trial.
The American Journal of Gastroenterology, 1999, 94 (10): 2905-2908.