Biography of Paul Ostmann
Paul Ostmann studied at the Kaiser Wilhelms-Institut in Berlin and received his doctorate in 1883. He was then in military service until 1896, in the period 1884-1895 assisting Stabsarzt. Ostmann subsequently devoted his efforts to otology, of which he had been habilitated as Privatdozent at the University of Königsberg in 1892. He became ausserordentlicher professor of this discipline at Marburg an der Lahn in 1895, honorary professor in 1908, and also was director of the policlinic for ear, nose, and throat diseases from 1895 to 1917. His main field of work was in traumatology. In 1917 he retired as emeritus because of severe condition of the eyes.
- Experimentelle Untersuchungen zur Massage des Ohres.
- Die Reflexerregbarkeit der Musc. tensor tymp. durch Schallwellen.
- Zur Function des Musc. stapedius beim Hören.
- Die Krankheiten des Gehörorgans in der Armee.
In: Handbuch der Militärkrankheiten, Leipzig, 1900.
- Lehrbuch der Ohrenheilkunde. Leipzig, 1909.