French paediatrician, born June 6, 1857, Bordeaux; died 1926.
Biography of André Moussous
André Moussous studied in Bordeaux and Paris and received his doctorate in his native city in 1885. He became Agrégé in 1886, 1887 Médecin des Hôpitaux in Bordeaux, and received a teaching assignment for clinical paediatrics in 1890, and in 1898 became full professor of this discipline.
- Contribution à l’étude des atrophies musculaires succédant aux affection articulaires. Bordeaux, 1885.
- De la mort chez les phtisiques. Bordeaux, 1886.
- Recueil de leçons cliniques sur les malades de l’enfance. Bordeaux, 1893.
- Maladies congénitales du coeur. Bordeaux, 1895.
- La gastroentérite des nourrissons. Bordeaux, 1910.
He also contributed to the Traité des maladies de l’enfance as well as Pratique des maladies des enfants.
What is an eponym?An eponym is a word derived from the name of a person, whether real or fictional. A medical eponym is thus any word related to medicine, whose name is derived from a person.
What is Whonamedit?Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms. It is our ambition to present a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person, with a biography of that person.
Disclaimer:Whonamedit? does not give medical advice.
This survey of medical eponyms and the persons behind them is meant as a general interest site only. No information found here must under any circumstances be used for medical purposes, diagnostically, therapeutically or otherwise. If you, or anybody close to you, is affected, or believe to be affected, by any condition mentioned here: see a doctor.