Walter Evan Berdon
Biography of Walter Evan Berdon
Walter Evan Berdon is (2006) Director Emeritus of Pediatric Radiology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Babies Hospital in New York City. He was professor of paediatric radiology at Babies Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York. He is also editor of the journal Pediatric Radiology.
He graduated M.D. from State University of New York in 1955. He is a gold medal honoree of both the Society of Pediatric Radiology and the American Roentgen Ray Society.
- Walter E. Berdon, David H. Baker, Raymond Amoury:
The role of pulmonary hypoplasia in the prognosis of newborn infants with diaphragmatic hernia and eventration.
AJR. American Journal of Roentgenology, June 1968, 103 (2): 413-421
- Walter E. Berdon, David H. Baker, John Leonidas:
Advantages of prone positioning in gastrointestinal and genitourinary roentgenologic studies in infants and children.
AJR. American Journal of Roentgenology, June 1968, 103 (2): 444-455.
- David H. Baker, Walter E. Berdon and L. Stanley James:
Proper localization of umbilical arterial and venous catheter by lateral roentgenograms. Pediatrics, 1969, 43: 34-39.
- Robert B. Mellins, Arthur P. Hays, Arnold P. Gold, Walter E. Berdon, and J. Denby Bowdler:
Respiratory distress as the initial manifestation of Werdnig-Hoffmann disease.
Pediatrics, 1974, 53: 33-40.
- Thomas L. Slovis, Waletr E. Berdon, Jack O. Haller, William J. Casarella, David H. Baker:
Hemangiomas of the liver in infants: review of diagnosis, treatment and course.
The American Journal of Roentgenology, Radium Therapy and Nuclear Medicine, April 1975, 123 (4): 791-801.
- Charles A. Gooding, Walter E. Berdon, Armand E. Brodeur, Marshall Rowen:
Adverse reactions to intravenous pyelography in children.
The American Journal of Roentgenology, Radium Therapy and Nuclear Medicine, April 1975, 123 (4): 802-804.
- T. L. Slovis, R. Kaufman, R. Towbin:
Gold medalists. The Society for Pediatric Radiology 1994. Walter E. Berdon, MD. Scott Dunbar, MD. Pediatric Radiology, 1994, 24 (5): 352-354.
- Shantanu Rastogi, Alok Bhutada, Rakesh Sahni, Walter E. Berdon, J.-T. Wung:
Spontaneous correction of the malpositioned percutaneous central venous line in infants. Pediatric Radiology, 1998, 28 (9), 694-696.
- T. L. Slovis, Walter E. Berdon:
Editorial. Pediatric Radiology, 1999, 29 (2): 79-79.
- Robyn C. Murphy, Waletr E. Berdon, Carrie Ruzal-Shapiro, Eric J. Hall, Anat Kornecki, Alan Daneman, Francis Brunelle, John B. Campbell:
Malignancies in pediatric patients with ataxia telangiectasia.
Pediatric Radiology, 1999, 29: 225-230.
- Walter E. Berdon
Rings, Slings, and Other Things: Vascular Compression of the Infant Trachea Updated from the Midcentury to the Millennium-The Legacy of Robert E. Gross, MD, and Edward B. D. Neuhauser, MD.
Radiology, 2000, 216: 624-632.
- Walter E. Berdon:
The Society for Pediatric Radioloy: Risks and benefits in pediatric CT.
Pediatric Radiology, 2001, 31 (6): 385.
- David J. Brenner, Carl L. Elliston, Eric J. Hall, Walter E. Brendon:
Estimates of the cancer risks from pediatric CT radiation are not merely theoretical: Comment on "Point/Counterpoint: In x-ray computed tomography, technique factors should be selected appropriate to patient size. Against the Proposition".
Medical Physics, November 2001, 28 (11): 2387-2388.
- David J. Brenner, Carl Elliston, Eric Hall and Walter E. Berdon:
Estimated risks of radiation-induced fatal cancer from pediatric CT.
American Journal of Roentgenology, 1991, 176: 289-296.
- J. O. Haller, W. E. Berdon, Hubert Franke:
Sickle cell anemia: The legacy of the patient (Walter Clement Noel), the interne (Ernest Irons), and the attending physician (James Herrick) and the facts of its discovery.
Pediatric Radiology, Berlin / Heidelberg, 2001, 31 (12).889-890.
- Amer N Ammari, Albert Jen, Helen Towers, Joseph Haddad Jr, Jen-Tien Wung and Walter E Berdon:
Subcutaneous Emphysema and Pneumomediastinum as Presenting Manifestations of Neonatal Tracheal Injury.
Journal of Perinatology, September 2002, 22 (6): 499-501.
- Edward Milman, Walter E. Berdon, James H. Garvin, Mitchell S. Cairo, Olga Bessmertny, Carrie Ruzal-Shapiro:
Periostitis secondary to interleukin-11 (oprelvekin, neumega): Treatment for thrombocytopenia in pediatric patients.
Pediatric Radiology, 2003, 33 (7):450-452.
- Robert A Cowles, John N Schullinger, Walter E Berdon
Thomas Vincent Santulli: A central figure in the development of pediatric surgery in New York City. Surgery, July 2006, 140: 113-117.
- Robert A. Cowles, Walter E. Berdon, Peter D. Holt, Carlo Buonomo, Charles J. Stolar:
Neonatal intestinal obstruction simulating meconium ileus in infants with long-segment intestinal aganglionosis: radiographic findings that prompt the need for rectal biopsy.
Pediatric Radiology, February 2006, 36 (2).133-137.
- Benjamin Taragin, Walter Berdon, Beth Htmlz
MRI assessment of bronchial compression in absent pulmonary valve syndrome and review of the syndrome. Pediatric Radiology, January 2006, 36 (1): 71-75.