Biography of Norio Niikawa
Norio Niikawa qualified in medicine at Hokkaido University in 1967. From 1968 to 1971 he trained in paediatrics at the Hokkaido University Hospital. From 1972 to 1975 he worked in the embryology and cytogenetics laboratory at the Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics in the Cantonal Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland. He subsequently worked as an instructor of paediatrics at Hokkaido University School of Medicine from1976 to 1984, and received his PhD in 1979. From 1984 he has been Professor and Chairman of Human Genetics at Nagasaki University School of Medicine since 1984.
Norio Niikawa is an associate editor of Journal of the American Journal of Medical Genetics, Journal of Human Genetics, and a board member of the Korean Society of Medical Genetics’ Journal of Genetic Medicine.
- I. Hatada, Akira Nabetani, Hiroko Morisaki, Zhenghan Xin, Sachiko Ohishi, Hidefumi Tonoki, Norio Niikawa, Masahiro Inoue, Yosuke Komoto, Akira Okada, Elisabeth Steichen, Hirofumi Ohashi, Yoshimitsu Fukushima, Masahiro Nakayama, Tsunehiro Mukai:
New p57KIP2 mutations in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome.
Human Genetics, Berlin, 1976, 100 (5/6), 681-683
- Izuho Hatada, Johji Inazawa, Tatsuo Abe, Masahiro Nakayama, Yasuhiko Kaneko, Yoshihiro Jinno, Norio Niikawa, Hirofumi Ohashi, Yoshimitsu Fukushima, Kazuki Iida, Chikao Yutani, Shun-ichi Takahashi, Yoshihide Chiba, Sachiko Ohishi and Tsunehiro Mukai:
Genomic imprinting of human p57KIP2 and its reduced expression in Wilms' tumors.
Human Molecular Genetics, Oxford, June 1996, 5 (6): 779.
- Takahiro Tsujita, Norio Niikawa, Hidejl Yamashita, Akira Imamura, Akira Hamada, Yoshibumi Nakane, and Yuji Okazaki:
Genomic Discordance Between Monozygotic Twins Discordant for Schizophrenia.
The American Journal of Psychiatry, Washington, 1997, 154 (11): 422.
- M. Fujimoto, Piranit Nik Kantaputra, Shiro Ikegawa, Yoshimitsu Fukushima, Shin-ichi Sonta, Masafumi Matsuo, Takafumi Ishida, Tadashi Matsumoto, Shinji Kondo, Hiroaki Tomita, Han-Xiang Deng, Michele D'urso, Maria Michela Rinaldi, Valerio Ventruto, Toshihisa Takagi, Yusuke Nakamura, Norio Niikawa:
The gene for mesomelic dysplasia Kantaputra type is mapped to chromosome 2q24-q32.
The Japanese Journal of Human Genetics. Jinrui Idengaku Zasshi, 1998, 43 (1): 32-36.
- Kiyonori Miura, Hideaki Masuzaki, Tadayuki Ishimaru, Norio Niikawa, Y. Jinno:
Brief report - polymorphism report: A HhaI/BstUI polymorphism in a novel gene at human chromosome 11p15.5.
The Japanese Journal of Human Genetics. Jinrui Idengaku Zasshi, 1998, 43 (4): 283-284.
- Kohzoh Mitsuya, Makiko Meguro, Maxwell P. Lee, Motonobu Katoh, Thomas C. Schulz, Hiroyuki Kugoh, Mitsuaki A. Yoshida, Norio Niikawa, Andrew P. Feinberg, Mitsuo Oshimura:
LIT1, an imprinted antisense RNA in the human KvLQT1 locus identified by screening for differentially expressed transcripts using monochromosomal hybrids.
Human Molecular Genetics, Oxford, July 1998, 8 (7): 1209-1217.
- Kenji Maeda, Sachiko Matsuhashi, Katsuji Hori, Zhenghan Xin, Tsunehiro Mukai, Kazuo Tabuchi, Masayuki Egashira, Norio Niikawa:
Cloning and Characterization of a Novel Human Gene, TM4SF6, Encoding a Protein Belonging to the Transmembrane 4 Superfamily, and Mapped to Xq22.
Genomics, 1998, 52 (2): 240-242.