Edouard Francis Kirmisson
Biography of Edouard Francis Kirmisson
Edouard Francis Kirmisson attended École de Médecine og continued his studied in Paris. He became Externe at the Hôtel-Dieu under Noël-Francois-Odon Guéneau de Mussy (1813-1903), and as an intern devoted his efforts exclusively to surgery. He received his doctorate in 1879, became agrégé in 1883, for several years was Chirurgien at the Bureau central, then Chirurgien des Hôpitaux, mainly working in paediatric and orthopaedic surgery. In 1897 he went to the Hôpital Trousseau and in 1901 became professor of paediatric surgery and orthopaedics at Hôpital des Enfants-Malads. He was the founder of the Revue d’orthopédie.
Kirmisson was a member of the Académie de médecine from 1903.
- Des modifications modernes de la lithothrice. Thesis for agrégé. Paris, 1883.
- Maladies des régions Tête et rachis.
- Manuel de pathologie externe. Paris, 1885.
- Leçons cliniques sur les maladies de l’appareil locomoteur. Paris, 1890.
- Traité des maladies chirurgicales d’origine congénitale. Paris, Masson, 1898.
A very early work on the correction of craniofacial anaomalies.
- Les difformités acquises de l’appareil locomoteur pendant l’enfance et de l’adolescence. Paris, 1902.
- Précis de chirurgie infantile. Paris, 1906; 2nd edition, 1912.