Johann Friedrich Ahlfeld
Biography of Johann Friedrich Ahlfeld
Johann Friedrich Ahlfeld studied in Greifswald, and in Leipzig where he was an assistant of Carl Sigmund Franz Credé (1819-1892). He continued his education in Vienna and Tübingen, and was conferred doctor of medicine on February 22, 1868. In 1876 he became extraordinary professor and teacher of widwifery in Leipzig, and in 1881 accepted an invitation to Giessen as professor of obstetrics and director of the midwifery teaching institution. In 1883 he was called to Marburg as professor of obstetrics and director of the Royal School of Midwifery. In 1894 he became privy medical counsellor. He was relieved of his official duties in 1909, and died in Marburg in 1929.
- Über Zerreissung der Schamfuge während der Geburt.
43 pages. Dissertation. Leipzig, J. J. Weber, 1868.
- Abwartende Methode oder Credéscher Handgriff. Leipzig 1888. 36 pages.
- Lehrbuch der Geburtshilfe. 1898.
- Lehrbuch der Geburtsheilkunde. 1903.
- Ueber Enstehung der Stirn- und Gesichtslagen.
- Die Ernährung des Säuglings an der Mutterbrust.
- Die Missbildungen des Menschen.
2 volumes and atlas. Leipzig, F. W. Grunow, 1880-1882.
Reproduces plates of important specimens from otherwise inaccessible sources.
- Berichte und Arbeiten aus der geburtshilflich-gynäkologischen Klinik zu Giessen.