Sergey Nikolaevich Davidenkov
Biography of Sergey Nikolaevich Davidenkov
Zoran Bojanic, Serbia, submitted this article, with bibliography:
Sergey NIkolaevich Davidenkov studied medicine at the Medical faculty, Moscow University, graduating in 1904. In 1912 he was appointed professor of cathedra of neurologic and psychiatric disease at the Medical Institute for woman in Harkov. From 1920 to 1925 he held the chair of neurologic diseases at the University of Baku.
In 1925 he became principal consultant in charge of the neurological department for professional diseases in the Institute "V.A. Obuha" in Moscow. In 1932 he was appointed chief of cathedra for neurological disease in State Institute of Postgraduate Education for Physicians "S.M. Kirova" in Leningrad .
Sergey Nikolaevich Davidenkov was the founder of clinical neurogenetics in Russia. He was one of the first to indicate the genetic heterogeneity and polymorphisms of hereditary diseases, and formulated a concept of the anticipation phenomenon. Davidenkov was the first to propose the compilation of a systematic catalogue of hereditary diseases in man, but this brilliant idea could not be realized in the Soviet Union in the 50s because of political suppression of genetic studies. He published about 240 articles.
In 1928 Sergey Nikolaevich Davidenkov described a new form of progressive scapuloperoneal muscular atrophy.
- K ucheniu ob ostroi ataxii Leyden-Westphall's disease.
Dissertacia. Harkov, 1911.
- Materiali k ucheniu ob aphasii. Harkow, 1915.
- Gormetonicheskii sindrom. Vrach Delo 1919, 23: 801.
- Nasledstvennie bolezni nervnoi sistemi. Moscow, 1932.
- Evoljucioonno-geneticheskie problemi v nevropatologija. Leningrad, 1947.
- Klinicheskie lekcii po nervnim boleznjam. Tom I-III, Leningrad, 1952-1957.
- Klinika v terapii progressivnih mishechnih atrofii. Leningrad, 1954.